The Global Commitment to Health is a Demonstration Waiver authorized pursuant to Section 1115(a) by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), within the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
CMS Approved Global Commitment to Health Section 1115 Waiver (01/13/2021)
CMS approval letter of IMD Phasedown DY16 Expenditures (01/13/2021)
- Attachment R: Home- and Community-Based Services Flexibilities in Response to the COVID-19 Emergency (2020)
- CMS approval letter of Attachment R (5/22/2020)
- CMS approval letter of Attachment G
- CMS approval letter of COVID-19 Public Health Emergency amendment
Vermont has received CMS approval of its requested amendment to its Section 1115 Global Commitment to Health Demonstration (11-W-00194/1). This amendment ensures the continued availability of treatment supports that effectively treat serious mental illness (SMI) and severe emotional disturbance (SED), and it promotes a comprehensive and integrated continuum of mental and physical health, OUD/SUD treatment, and long-term services and supports for all Vermonters.
2019 Final Approved Waiver Documents:
- CMS Approval Letter (12/5/2019)
- Global Commitment to Health Section 1115 Waiver - with SMI Amendment (12/5/2019)
2019 Waiver Amendment Request Documents:
- Demonstration Waiver Amendment Request - CMS Submission (9/9/2019)
- Draft Demonstration Waiver Amendment Request
- Global Commitment Register Public Notice (19-055)
Vermont received approval from CMS effective July 1, 2018 to amend the Global Commitment to Health section 1115 waiver for the period of 7/1/2018 through 12/31/2021.
2018 Final Approved Waiver Documents:
- CMS Approval Letter (6/6/2018)
- Global Commitment to Health Section 1115 Waiver - with SUD Amendment (6/6/2018)
Phasedown Plan for Vermont's Psychiatric Institutions of Mental Disease (IMDs) - Report to CMS (12/31/2018)
2018 Waiver Amendment Request Documents:
- Vermont Global Commitment Draft Amendment Request (12/14/2017)
- Preferred Providers: Substance Use Disorder Treatment Standards (1/30/2018)
- Preferred Providers Compliance Assessment Tool