The Global Commitment to Health is a Demonstration Waiver authorized pursuant to Section 1115(a) by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), within the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
Vermont received approval from CMS effective October 24, 2016 to extend the Global Commitment to Health Section 1115 Waiver for the period of 1/1/2017 through 12/31/2021.
2017 Final Approved Waiver Documents:
- Global Commitment to Health Waiver Renewal Fact Sheet
- CMS Approval Letter (10/24/2016)
- Technical Corrections Approval Letter (6/27/2017)
- Global Commitment to Health Section 1115 Waiver - CMS Approved
- The Evaluation Design (referenced as Attachment K in the above waiver document) was approved by CMS on March 8, 2018.
2017 Waiver Request Documents:
- Vermont Global Commitment Extension Request Final
- Interim Evaluation Report
- Public Comments Received & Responses
- Public Notice
- Interim Evaluation Report Draft
- Vermont Global Commitment Extension Request Draft
Vermont received approval from CMS, effective January 30, 2015, to consolidate the State's Choices for Care demonstration with the Global Commitment demonstration.
The 2015 Global Commitment to Health waivers, expenditure authorities, and special terms and conditions can be found in this document:
Approval documents related to the Companion Aide Pilot Project can be found here: