Programs and services administered by AHS departments and community partners.
Adult Protection from Abuse & Neglect
- Online at Make a Report with Adult Protective Services
- By calling 1-800-564-1612 toll free and leaving a message
- By emailing APS@vermont.gov
Child Protection from Abuse & Neglect
If you suspect a child is being abused or neglected, call 1-800-649-5285 to report it (24/7). If the child is in immediate danger, dial 911 or the local police first; then call to make a report.
- Child Safety & Protection Services (Dept for Children and Families)
- Mandated Reporters in Vermont (Dept for Children and Families)
Domestic Violence Resources
- Domestic Violence Helpline: 1-800-228-7395
- Sexual Violence Helpline: 1-800-489-7273
Go to the AHS Domestic Violence Page for links to other resources.
Covid 19-Related Resources
- COVID19 & Adult Protective Services (Dept of Disabilities, Aging and Independent Living)
- Benefit Programs Available Through the Department for Children and Families (Dept for Children and Families)
- Benefits Available From Other Organizations (Dept for Children and Families)
- Mental Health Resources for Families & Individuals (Dept of Mental Health)
- Resources for Families, by Topic (Dept for Children and Families)
- Vermont 2-1-1
- Vermont Association of Area Agencies on Aging
Explore the Department for Children and Families and the Department for Disabilities, Aging, and Independent Living websites for more information about family support & safety programs.
Almost all AHS programs support families in some way. If the resources listed on this page aren't what you were looking for, take a look at our other programs and services.