You are at: Home Help for Vermonters Programs, Services and Supports

Document Actions

Service Listings

Up one level
Services available to Vermonters within and outside of AHS.
ADA Federal Complaint Process
If you have a complaint about violations of the ADA involving employment, public accommodations or commercial facilities visit the ADA Enforcement site for more information.
ADA State of Vermont Grievance
The State of Vermont Grievance policy is intended to provide prompt and equitable resolution of complaints alleging any violation of the ADA by a department, agency, or instrumentality of the Executive Branch of the government of the State of Vermont by reason of employment practices and policies or the provision of services, activities, programs, and benefits. This Grievance Procedure is available to State employees and to the public.
Adopting a Waiting Child
On any given day in Vermont, there are about 90 children waiting in foster care for families to adopt them. Most are school-aged and many have special needs related to the abuse or neglect they've experienced. Some are part of a group of siblings who would like to stay together.
Adoption Registry
The Vermont Adoption Registry is the central contact for information about adoptions that have taken place in Vermont. Adoptees, adoptive parents, birthparents, and other birth family members can access adoption information. Call (802) 241-2122.
Adult Day Services
Adult Day Services provides an array of services to help older adults and adults with disabilities to remain as independent as possible in their own homes. Adult Day Services are provided in community-based, non-residential day centers creating a safe, supportive environment in which people can access both health and social services. Adult day services are designed to assist adults with physical and/or cognitive impairments to remain as active in their communities as possible by maximizing their level of health and independence and ensuring their optimal functioning.
Adult Mental Health Services
Vermont’s Outpatient programs assist individuals and families experiencing high emotional distress or that have behavioral difficulties that disrupt their lives.
Adult Protective Services
If you suspect that an older person or a person with a disability is being abused, neglected, or exploited, or you feel that you have been, you should report your concerns to the Vermont Adult Protective Services Program. This program investigates allegations of abuse, neglect, and exploitation of vulnerable adults. Call 1-800-564-1612
Aid to the Aged, Blind, or Disabled for an Essential Person
This program helps people who are blind, have a disability, or are 65 and older to stay in their homes. Monthly cash assistance helps to cover the expenses of having someone live with and provide essential care for the person. Call 1-800-287-0589
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
The ADA was signed into law on July 26, 1990. The Act prohibits private employers, state and local governments, employment agencies and labor unions from discriminating against qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, hiring, firing, advancement, compensation, job training, and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Appeal a substantiation of child abuse or neglect.
The process for appealing a substantiation of child abuse or neglect.
Assistive Community Care Services
This program provides support services to people who reside in Level 3 Residential Care homes.
Assistive Technology Program
The Vermont Assistive Technology Program serves Vermonters of all ages and abilities. VATP provides information and referrals, training for service providers and others, equipment and software demonstrations, tryouts, and technical assistance. Other activities include public awareness, an equipment exchange program, and short term lending of assistive technology equipment.
Attendant Services Program
The Attendant Services Program supports independent living for adults with disabilities who need physical assistance with daily activities.
Autism Specialists
As part of the reorganization effort, the Agency of Human Services created a statewide position with a special focus on autism spectrum disorders. The Department of Disabilities, Aging and Independent Living (DAIL), Division of Disability and Aging Services hired an Autism Specialist. Her primary role is to develop and enhance the system of support in the home and community for people with autism spectrum disorders. She can work with community agencies, support groups and government departments to address system issues, enhance service delivery and develop or provide training. She can also help people brainstorm ideas, find information and locate resources.
Baby Bottle Tooth Decay Initiative
The goal of the Baby Bottle Tooth Decay Initiative is to identify children who are at risk for Baby Bottle Tooth Decay (BBTD) and to ensure that those children have access to early preventive care. There are three components to the BBTD program: the referral process, free water testing to determine fluoride levels (for families with children under the age of four who have a private water source), and patient education materials from Dental Health Services distributed to dental and medical offices throughout the state. Call (802) 863-7341.
Baby Safe Haven
Vermont's Baby Safe Haven Law offers you safe places you can give up your baby -- anonymously and legally. If you don't know what to do, a public health nurse can give you advice about your options, help you find prenatal care, and more.
Blind and Visual Impairment Services
We help people who are blind or are visually impaired get or keep a job, live independently, and explore carreer opportunites.
Business Start Up
The Micro Business Development Program offers counseling, education, and support services to low-to-moderate income Vermonters who want to start, expand, or enhance a small business.
Child Abuse and Neglect Statistics
Child abuse and neglect reports are now available for 2008
Child Care Financial Assistance
The child care subsidy is a payment that assists eligible Vermont families with the cost of child care. The subsidy is available to parents who meet eligibility criteria to help cover the fee for eligible child care.