Interagency AgreementUp one level
This agreement promotes collaboration between the Agency of Human Services (AHS) and the Department of Education (DOE) in order to ensure that all required services are coordinated and provided to students with disabilities. Act 264, passed in 1988, requires that human services and public education work together, involve parents and coordinate services for better outcomes for children and families. While Act 264 was enacted on behalf of children and adolescents experiencing a severe emotional disturbance and their families, the 2005 Interagency Agreement between the Vermont Department of Education (DOE) and the Vermont Agency of Human Services (AHS) expands the target population beyond those eligible under Act 264 to include children and adolescents with disabilities who are eligible for both special education and disability-related services, including service coordination, provided by AHS.
- Interagency Agreement text
- Interagency Agreement with Vermont Department of Education and Vermont Agency of Human Services Pursuant to Part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
- Act 264 User's Guide
- This document begins by providing a background to the enactment of the original Act 264 legislation in 1988 and a brief summary of the law. Following, there are several sections highlighting key components of the DOE/AHS Interagency Agreement as it relates to Act 264. Included are the purpose, mission and principles of the Agreement; a definition of who is eligible for coordination of services; and guidelines for how the Local Interagency Teams (LITS) and the State Interagency Team (SIT) can assure coordination of services and oversight of the Vermont System of Care. For specific reference to the DOE/AHS Interagency Agreement, visit the Vermont Department of Education web site: www.state.vt.us/educ/ - special education – regulations.
- Coordinated Services Plan & Referral forms for LIT, SIT & CRC
- Microsoft Word version
- Coordinated Services Plan (CSP) form - PDF version
- Adobe PDF version
- Coordinated Service Plan -- Team Member Survey
- Have you been a member of a team that developed a Coordinated Services Plan (CSP) for a youth in Vermont between July 1, 2007 and May 1, 2008? If so, we invite you to complete a short survey (less than 10 minutes) to share your voice about how well this process has worked.